Reiki I and II are taught together during a weekend intensive. Both Placements (attunements) are given. All the information and techniques for both levels are covered including:
- The standard Reiki session hand positions.
- Giving a complete Reiki session for self and others.
- Japanese Reiki Techniques, as taught by Usui Sensei including: Gassho meditation, Reiji-ho – developing your intuition, Byosen Scanning – detecting where Reiki is needed, Gyoshi ho – sending Reiki with the eyes, Kenyoku – dry bathing or clearing one’s energy field.
- Hayashi Healing Guide.
- Using Reiki for specific conditions.
- The Reiki II symbols, how to use them including practice time.
- Using Reiki to heal unwanted habits.
- Distant healing.
- Class manual and class certificate included.
The class is a combination of lecture, discussion and experience. Practice time includes giving and receiving a complete Reiki treatment using all the hand positions, the self -treatment, practice using all the level II symbols including distant healing, and practice using all the Japanese Reiki Techniques mentioned above.
While practice takes place during the class, it is expected that you will set aside additional time to practice after the class is over. Please commit to this additional time which should be one evening a week for several weeks, or its equivalent, to practice Reiki with one or more people from your Reiki class or with members of your family or friends. This additional practice is necessary to gain the experience and confidence you need to fully utilize the Reiki training.